Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturdays... Parks Team!

Hey everyone. I made it through my first two days of school! Whoo-hoo! lol Yesterday's classes included New Testament Survey, Orientation to Teaching, and Christian Womanhood. A little bit of a lighter schedule to finish off the week. I don't a third hour, which is nice, because it gives me a chance to catch my breath! =)

Part of WCBC is the fact that we go soul winning on Saturdays. We also each have a ministry that we help in. Last semester I worked in the Sunday School hour nursery for about 2 1/2 to 3 year old kids. Okay, I have never gone to a big enough church to have this many kids in one class, let alone the two year old nursery!!! One day we had 19 kids! Three workers, but still you don't see that very often...at least I never have! This semester, I have added a new ministry - Parks Team.

Parks Team is a program for kids that may not be able to ride the buses in the bus ministry or just have never had the opportunity to hear the Gospel. Today was the first day and we didn't really do much with the kids, but I did get a glimpse of what this is all about. We will encourage the kids to come play games with us and then there will be a message and these kids will hear how they can be saved. In fact, today, one of the team leaders led a teen to Christ! A couple of the guys just started playing basketball with these teens at the park and a couple hours later, the angels started to rejoice! Another soul saved! I am very excited and privileged to join this ministry and see God work!

Well, got to head out. We have a cook out today and a basketball game against another Bible college - Golden State! Go WCBC Eagles!! Later

No comments: