Friday, September 11, 2009

Wellsville Rodeo

My mom hiding from the camera
Maria riding a calf
Maria being put in the shoots


Maria and her famous grin =)


Juan getting ready to rope the goat

Juan with his lasso

Joey being put in the shoots


Joey and his cute face (lol)

Joey caught a chicken!
Joey holding his prize. Good job Joey!!!
Let me explain some of these photos. My family went to the Wellsville Rodeo a couple days ago and had a good time. This is the first time that the kids have ever participated in a rodeo and they did great!
Juan tried roping a goat with a lasso. Go Juan!
Maria was in the calf riding contest. She held on for the full 8 seconds - for those of you that are unfamiliar with rodeos, 8 seconds is the length of time you strive to hold on for when bull riding, bronco riding, sheep riding, calf riding, ect. She did an excellent job!
Joey was in the mutton bustin'. That is basically when you put innocent little kids, who probably don't know any better, on sheep and see how long they hold on. =) It is so much fun to watch. We went to the Logan rodeo and most of the kids were standing in line with their moms holding them while they cried after they were done. I know, I know, it sounds mean, but it is so cute. Joey apparently got pitched pretty quick once exiting the shoots.
After that, he participated in a chicken chase and caught a chicken (as you can see him above, holding his prize high).
*Those poor, poor, innocent chicken.... lol*
Anyway, thought you all would enjoy that!
Kaitie*Jane

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kaitie. It is great to see some fresh pics of Maria, Juan, and Joey. What did Robin win?

Ken and Bonnie (Your Alaska Unit)

Kaitie Jane said...

Hey Ken and Bonnie!
Thanks for actually leaving a comment! lol Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my blog anymore. =)

I'm not sure what my mom won... craziest mom award??!!?? lol jk jk I love you Mom! =)

I will catch you later, Alaska Unit!

Anonymous said...

I won the chance to smell that rooster! We still have him. He is fondly known as Cowboy Bob.
-Mom

Kaitie Jane said...

Mom, are you serious? Derek said he lives in the garage. True?

Anonymous said...

I wonder what he tastes like...er...the rooster that is, not Derek.

Ken and Bonnie

Kaitie Jane said...

Haha nice Ken and Bonnie - I see that parenting has the potential to sink to new levels!!! lol Maybe "Cowboy Bob" will be at Christmas dinner.... lol Don't tell Joey! =)

Kaitie Jane said...

Haha nice Ken and Bonnie - I see that parenting has the potential to sink to new levels!!! lol Maybe "Cowboy Bob" will be at Christmas dinner.... lol Don't tell Joey! =)